Its only been 7 years since Instagram rolled out its filters and square format photos. With more than 700Mn active monthly users, Instagram has taken the world of social media by storm, especially influencing millennials. Its not just a photo and video sharing app now. It has developed into a full-fledged marketing platform for brands. As people are developing a digital lens, Instagram has done a fantastic job connecting brands with followers and there are so many social media marketing strategies also Instagram considered in it.
What should brands know about marketing their products on Instagram? How to be Instafamous by publishing engaging content? Let’s dive deeper.
- The first step is creating an Instagram for Business account on Instagram. Just create a personal account and switch to Instagram for Business profile mode. This option is available in settings. Also, note that you have to have a Facebook business account in order to have one on Instagram. and Instagram also gets business from Facebook Marketing Then, Instagram will link to your Facebook account and sync information automatically.
- To get a wider reach make sure you have a relatable username and a catchy bio. Be as expressive as you can in your bio. Additionally, choose a relevant and attractive profile picture since it is the first thing people see.
- Use your bio to add external links to your website/products. It is a good way to market your brand and can easily capture a visitor’s attention.
- Actively use photos and short videos to engage with your audience. Doesn’t simply focus on advertising your product since it may come across as just an Instagram for Business tactic? Make authentic, relatable and organic content that resonates with your audience and not just flashes your product.
- Cover behind the scenes footage/pictures. It makes people they are a part of your journey and are able to connect with you.
- Share your employees’ posts. This makes your brand look more organic and personable.
- Use celebrity influencers to your advantage. A single celebrity post featuring your brand with a good caption can move the numbers up quite rapidly.
- Use motivational posts once in a while. They shouldn’t sound too cheesy and visionary. Just post motivational content that resonates with your brands’ values.
- Make your page more diverse. Include creative pictures, videos, boomerangs, GIFs, live-streams, motivational quotes etc. This gives a beautiful look to your page.
- Promote brand loyalty. Instagram for Business Keep your fan community thriving by active engagement and regular updates about your brand and company culture.
- Use Instagram stories to your advantage. Take polls from fans about their preference of your products or simply add promotional story.
- Instagram takeover is concept where you take ownership of someone else’s Instagram account and promote your product to their followers. This increases the reach of your brand and is an effective Instagram for Business marketing strategy. Try collaborating with brands that are similar to you or those which could use your product.
- Keep the same text font for your posts to establish a uniform style for your brand. Also, use a distinct color palette for your posts. For example, if your products are vey colorful, then use a bright color palette. Similarly, if you trade in grey-ish/white/black clothes use a color palette of similar shades.
- have become a popular way of categorizing content. Invent creative ones and use them frequently. Researchers have found that posts with more than 11 hashtags enjoy more engagement
- It is a myth that more posts per day lower/slow down engagement. Studies have found that if a page posts more posts per day, it doesn’t affect the average level of engagement.
- Mondays and Thursdays are known to drive the most engagement. The ideal time is considered to be 8:00 to 9:00 a.m. Eastern. So, post your content at the ideal time to get more talking.
- A study from Georgia Tech has found that posts with faces get 38% more likes and
- 32% more comments. Therefore, an intelligent thing to do is make your posts personable by including human faces.
- A survey by Buzzsumo has shown that images posted to Facebook via Instagram receive more engagement and views as compared to a natively publishes one.
- With the competition getting tougher and almost every brand using Instagram for Business, make sure to stay on top your game by targeting ads effectively and converting customers.
- Like mentioned before, a business Instagram profile offers various marketing tools for your brand. Instagram Analytics offers great insights on your following, views, no. of likes/comments per post and other visibility metrics. It helps you keep an eye on what’s performing and what is not. Make sure to understand those and develop a solid marketing strategy to drive better results.
- Do Q&A sessions to interact with your audience.
- You can even launch your product on Instagram live. Choose the ideal time when people are most likely to be online. Share the online purchase link and encourage people to buy your product.
- 81% of the millennial expect companies to give back to the society in some way or the other. Doing so can increase your likability and get attention. Team up with organizations and invest in charitable causes.
- Use teasers to build excitement before your product is launched.
- Instagram for Business becoming such a competitive marketplace for brands, it is essential to have the right information and plan of action. We hope that these tips would help you market your business better on Instagram.