What is open cart?
Well, it’s an online store management company. It is based on PHP- hypertext pre-processor, a server like scripting language designed for web development. However, this particular PHP is also used as a normal programming language. Opencart Development also uses “MySQL” which is essentially a relational database management stem (RDBMS) which is also open sourced. MySQL is a vital part of any web application software such as Joomla, WordPress, etc. it is also used by sites such as Google, Facebook, Twitter. Etc. This open cart was started in the year 1998 by Christopher G Mann. It was developed in Perl which is a high level and dynamic programming language and is supposed to make report processing easier.
2014 saw OpenCart Development being ranked as the most trusted source in China. Most famous and globally establishes e-commerce firms such as OSCommerce, ZenCart, and Shopify ranked below OpenCart in the cumulative rankings based on revenue generation and volume of business.
Advantage of OpenCart
OpenCart offers a multitude of advantages in the form of a built in SEO, i.e., Search Engine Optimization. This helps in easy and efficient management of orders customers, offer codes, etc. it has a variety of themes and extensions to chose from, which helps in expanding functionality and selection of modules. Its offers trust, along with free community and commercial support.
So the question is, why should you opt for Opencart Development for our new venture, right? Have a look at these points to help you find out:
- The ease of it: this system has a Model View Controller (MVC) pattern, so that means it’s easy to develop, creating new extensions can be done with a click.
- : it has a friendly user interface, complete with a dashboard. OpenCart 2 even gives you user- friendly system for the mobile.
- Make changes easily: want to make continuous changes to boost your e-commerce platform? Opencart Development is the perfect option for you then!
- A lot of everything: from documentation to forums, OpenCart offers a multitude of information in the form of posts and active members. It has a lot of well-discussed tools that you can use and a search option where you can find access to the answers to whichever question you have.
- Modules and extensions: thousands of modification options, features, templates, and marketing tools.
- Virtual world: OpenCart has adopted a version of vQmod, developed by Google which helps you edit the core CMS, without n changes.
- : you don’t need to spend money on developing individual or unique store designs, as OpenCart collaborates with templatemonster.com and themeforest.com to provide with you cool, ready-made templates.
- OpenCart can be translated to literally any language in the world. This is of course due to CMS and UTF-8. Translation files are .php files.
- Multiples stores: you can manage a number of different stores at the same time despite their different designs, languages or customers.
Despite the various advantages this platform offers, you might still end up thinking- why Opencart Development, why not the other platforms? You should go for OpenCart, especially if your concerned business is a startup. This is because it requires a much lower investment and is also way easier to set up as compared to other platforms, say Magento. It is easy to download, light, and one can operate it with simple administration. There are also many tutorials available on the internet, with the help of which you can have an enthralling experience using this e-commerce platform. A plethora of information and an easy to operate panel also supports the decision to go with OpenCart.
Let’s get into some more specifics offered by OpenCart. The platform offers you different kinds of plugins, and the new edition even offers 1500 absolutely free ones too. These plugins help you to customize and hence the changing needs of your customers. It is by default fast, even without CDN integration. Way easier than its counterparts, it helps you to learn and grasp the system in a short span. It has a number of shipping and payment options.
The Opencart Development platform has a substantial community who are always on the edge to provide technical assistance. There are skilled programmers too. Who will give you advice in a second. Even the minutest of problems and you can report it on the website. Even the script which is MVC, there are millions of people out there who are excellent in using it, so you could always ask them for assistance in case you need to figure out something. And the best part? This script is XHTML complaint.
The system is not at all strenuous since the number of features it has maybe somewhat less as compared to its competitors, but these are the features which are the most used and the most valued. The dashboard is particularly easy to understand for the rookies. It is a very reliable system and all you have to do is install the application, click on that perfect template, and boom! You are all set to establish your idea into a full functioning business.
We might be interested in knowing if this system has any disadvantages. Just like a coin, even this platform has two sides to the story. Even though its advantages weigh out the disadvantages, however, a few of them which most users think gives it a lower chance of applicability as compared to other systems like Magento can be described as:
- You might be left out in the darkness in terms of the updates. The new updates might surprise you, or shock you. So basically, you don’t know what to expect out of such updates.
- The updates are often complex. In contrast to the user interface which is very easy and friendly, these updates will make it harder to keep the system absolutely up to date.
- The integration with various payment gateways is, paid. So that could be a major downside depending on the scale of your business.
- Opencart Development is mostly suitable for startups, and if the scale of your business is too large, then shift to another platform, as the load could get more.
So make an informed decision of whether your business would be able to sustain itself on this platform. However, there is no doubt about the fact that OpenCart is no of the leading e-commerce system in the world right now, with loaded advantages that could transform your business into the next new thing.